Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Yesterday and Today

Yesterday I awoke after an especially good sleep and a happy Sunday. I was in an insufferably good mood. It was the sort of mood where you just wish you had a way of letting everyone else in on the story of how great life can be and how the right attitude is everything.

Today I awoke after a short, broken night of sleep. I was insufferably moody. I couldn't wait to tell my closest loved ones how they had betrayed me and fallen short of my needs. It felt like life was full of pain and promised to go on and on for far too long.

I don't know what mood to expect tomorrow. After many, many lessons I have learned that life goes on, regardless of my mood. I am called to love others, regardless of my mood. I want to be more like God, regardless of my mood. I can only hope that on days like today, God sees some me care just a little for others in the midst of my self pity. I also hope that on days like yesterday, others can believe that I care about them in the midst of my reveling over my own good fortune.

1 comment:

Pamela Joy said...

Glad I called you on Monday and not on Tuesday... Or wait, that was Sunday wasn't it? Oh well. I can picture your insufferably good mood - it really is quite insufferable at times. But highly preferable to the bad moods. The good thing is we all love you either way. Especially mom, she's so laid back she can swing whichever way you go pretty much... crazy lady.