Saturday, November 11, 2006

Walk with a Cane, Ride with the Wind

I spend entirely too much time fretting over the inevitable depredation of age upon a body that has seen 56 years of hard service. Today, however, for about an hour I felt like a kid as I rode my bike along a paved trail through the woods and fields near our home. The combination of gentle hills and 21 gears allowed me to sail along with the breeze tugging the tufts of hair sprouting from under my baseball cap. Once again I "forgot" my helmet and felt a deep down soul connection with the boy who once rode far and wide through the suburbs of New Orleans. All praise and honor to God and his tender mercies.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What I don't quite get is, since when are there paved paths near the house? Does it have something to do with the new development that was supposed to be going up?

Julia