Saturday, December 23, 2006

Julia Dec 23 about noon

I will split each post into a "just the facts" portion and then a "touchy feely" portion. Suit yourselves!

Facts:

Early this a.m. Julia had some intense labor, but it stopped before Barbara even left her hotel room in Eugene to go to the hospital. Of course, Viggo has been by her side 24 hours a day.

Julia is resting, things are calm for now.

Julia will stay at the hospital until the baby is born.

Julia and Viggo will then live near the hospital until the baby, Daniel Jacob,
is released, probably near his original due date of March 23.

Barbara and Pamela just arrived home from Eugene.

Touchy Feely:

Barbara is her usual amazing self. Energetic, upbeat, talking with friends, and so on. She hasn't slept much in the past couple of days, so I know that soon she will crash and sleep.

I find myself tired and irritable, so I am just trying to stay out of trouble. I am glad to have my wife home, but sad that she feels pulled in so many directions: Julia and Viggo, Pamela, me and the boys, and her parents. I am working hard at resisting the impulse to try to "fix" everything with a big hammer.

I was reflecting earlier on how blessed we are to have the medical resources, the financial resources, the friends and family, and most of all God's presence and provision, in our lives. I read articles in World Vision Magazine this morning, and I was forcefully impressed by the incredible suffering that is so common to billions of people in the world. I thought about how life is difficult even under the "very best" circumstances on this earth.

May God bless each of you and help you with the struggles in your life, whatever they have been, are, or will be.

Kent
Post a Comment