Monday, November 26, 2007

Opportunity Knocks

I still haven't really figured out what my career will be now that I can no longer label myself as "a manager at HP". The one thing I am certain of is that God wants me to use every opportunity to encourage others. These opportunities come in a incredible variety of avenues. This morning I received a call from Jennifer Goodenough. This is a young lady I admire greatly. She has been working in the Dominican Republic for three years helping to support the Dominican church and to help the people of the Dominican Republic (many of whom are very poor) and more recently the people of Haiti (where people are even poorer). Barbara and I have been sending her a modest amount of support during her time there, and we plan to continue. It occurred to me that someone might read this blog and feel moved to help Jennifer as well. Funding is often an issue for those who are doing such incredibly important work. Check out Jen's blog in my list of links. (http://jgoodenough319.blogspot.com/) I have known Jennifer since she was a little girl. I am happy to be able to recommend her to you.

1 comment:

Jennifer Goodenough said...

Kent~

Thank you for such undeserved encouragment. I could not do it without God and His family behind me.

Dios te bendiga mucho!