Wednesday, December 19, 2007

We All Want To Change The World

You say you want a revolution. Well, you know We all want to change the world.
Beatles "Revolution"


Do you want to change the world? I do. I have good news and bad news. The good news is that we are changing the world, everyone of us. The bad news is that we are changing the world, every one of us. We often contribute to dramatic change that strikes like a lightning bolt . When I sang along with the Beatles, I was thinking dramatic change for good. I have made choices that contributed to goodness. I have also made choices that pushed us all closer to hell on earth. Sometimes my ignorance contributed to my making wrong choices. More often it was knowledge. I knew what I wanted. I was willing to overlook the cost to others.

"I love money. I love everything about it. I bought some pretty good stuff. Got me a $300 pair of socks ... got a fur sink ... let's see ... an electric dog-polisher ... a gasoline-powered turtleneck sweater ... and of course I bought some dumb stuff, too." Steve Martin

I am changing the world. I want to increase my batting average. More good hits. Fewer foul balls and strike outs. It requires mindfulness greater than that I am accustomed to. I also have to care. I pray that God would grant me eyes to see and a heart that is soft.

3 comments:

Julia said...

I've enjoyed reading these last two posts (not that I don't always, but I thought these were particularly good). I wanted to let you know that I posted on my blog today. Kind of boring though, with no pictures yet.

Kathryn said...

"So you want to change the world? What are you waiting for?" Those are some song lyrics I hear on the radio from time to time. Gets me thinkin' about sharing the gospel. (ha ha ... it's a Lindsay Lohan song, but it's on the christian station all the time.)

Good seeing you the other day.

DORRPOSTS said...

You were right, Kent, about the gift to Dave and Nikki - it WAS from Jinny Wold. She predicted it would be their favorite gift, and I think she was spot on! :-) ~ Jo