Saturday, November 12, 2005

The End of Myself

Once again, at least for a while, a merciful God has brought me up against my limits. I am weary, depressed, and sorely tempted to think that my life needs to end now. And yet my wife, my pastor, my daughter, and other brothers and sisters in Jesus stand beside me and help me stumble through this time. Thank you to my dear daughter Pamela, who helped me look outside all the troubling thoughts long enough to get a glimpse of God's grace. It is enough to sustain me for a time. Now I will read, and then may God grant me the bliss of a restful night of sleep.

1 comment:

Pamela Joy said...

daddy, I love you so much! It hurts me so much that you're going through this again! I am praying for you every day several times. You and Julia both. I love you.
Pamela