Monday, August 14, 2006

56 Today

Charles age 18 with Kent age 55

I got a cane for my birthday. It wasn't a joke. I asked for a cane because I'm trying to make my arthritic knee last a bit longer.

I have grown kids, including a married daughter. I have a white beard. I walk with a cane.

All of this is genuinely blowing my mind.

The more I learn, the more I realize how little I know. I still love to learn. I am more and more free of the illusion that I have to hurry up and learn "enough" . There will never be enough. That is one reason why eternity will be a blast rather than boring.

My body is aging and I am struggling a bit to accept that fact. I thank God that he is faithful to grow us in mind and spirit, now and for eternity. I also thank him that we get new bodies somewhere down the line!
Post a Comment