Sunday, March 05, 2006

For Experimental Purposes Only

You May Be A Nerd If

  • You have never taped your ankles, but you have taped your glasses.

  • You laugh when someone says they enjoy art.

  • You can walk through puddles without getting your pants wet.

  • Your socks match your skin.

  • Your laughing and your snorting are indistinguishable

  • You laugh when someone names a body part.  Any body part.

  • You laugh when someone says “body”

  • You write nerd jokes on the internet for fun

  • You read nerd jokes on the internet wishing they were funny

  • You don’t have much cash, but you have a lot of cache

  • You make a pun using the words memory and mammary

Writing jokes is hard work!  I hope I learn to do it someday.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I once read that laughter is a related to our fear response. Something incongruous or shocking, yet with enough reality to allow us to relate to it. In that sense jokes are always a bit "offensive".
That is what makes self deprecating humor less threatening.
I can truly say that I know more about nerds from the inside than I do from outside. So I hope this is understood as self deprecatory :-)

Pamela Joy said...

Hehe, those are funny. Good job. I am awful at writing jokes. I just don't think in that creative mannor. They were even more funny because I recognize those traits in other people but not in myself. Whew! What a relief... I MAY not be a nerd...

Janice said...

hmm. i can only say yes to three of those. three of eleven. aha but here is my saving grace. i'm really not a nerd at all because there's no way on earth i could calculate what percentage of eleven three is. HA! SO THERE!

okay but i have taped my glasses once, back in the day, and i think that one's probably worth more than all the rest combined...dang it.

Brent said...

i dont know who you are but i love your jokes!! ha!!
i think i'll put them in my room...

Pamela Joy said...

Haha, that was my friend Brent dad. Brent, this is my dad.