Monday, September 11, 2006

Battle Cry

I am angry.

A number of people I know and love have been called by God to dedicate their lives to spreading the good news about Jesus to the whole world. That makes God happy and it makes me happy.

However, there are evil forces in the world. Principalities and powers. Spirits may be the best name we can come up with for them. The impact of evil around us should be enough to convince anyone that such forces are at work.

Well I am angry because those people I love are being attacked by evil forces.

Please join me in praying that those we love will be given the strength to withstand whatever comes against them.

I particularly pray for my daughters Julia and Pamela. For Julia's husband Viggo. And for Pamela's good friend in Ecuador, Bethany Horne.

"Nothing worth having comes without some kind of fight. You've got to kick at the darkness until it bleeds daylight." --Bruce Cockburn

2 comments:

Pamela Joy said...

I'm really glad you're praying. I was a little concerned about the vaugeness of that mass e-mail because I don't want people thinking I'm under some sort of spiritual attack or grand struggle when i'm not really... But I am thankful for prayer and the situation in Bastion is difficult and requires a lot of prayer. Really though, those boys are the ones who need the prayer, more than Bethany or I, right?

Béthany said...

right! the boys...mostly Junior, Chamo, Cruz, Titi, and Julian, those who have made decision for Christ but fallen away, or got involved in drugs...

(hey Pam, I haven't even SEEN Titi for 2 weeks...I have no idea where he is at or how he is doing)