Sunday, April 20, 2008

How to Make a Good Choice

My last post went on and on about liberty: our freedom to choose. In fact, it is likely that many of my posts have touched on the theme of choice. A Google search using the words: how to make a good choice, pops up with a blog post that I made about 9 months ago: Make One Good Choice, Repeat as Necessary . Over the months I have noticed that searches have been done all over the world using the phrase: How to make a good choice. I have had blog hits from Togo, Australia, India, Europe, and the U.S. to name a few.

Today I watched the movie Expelled No Intelligence Allowed . I was intrigued by the fact that some of the atheists interviewed were quite adamant that evolution dictated by chance is incompatible with the idea of free choice. Are there really humans who believe in their heart of hearts that they have never had a free choice? I hope not, for their sake. Many of us wrestle with the question "How to make a good choice". If we had no choice, no wrestling would be necessary. We would be pinned in a deterministic universe with no choices. That sounds far too much like Hell to me. I wouldn't wish it on anyone. I pray that no one wishes it on themselves.

No comments: