Monday, April 09, 2007

I Fight Sleaze, Sleaze Fights Back

I should have known it wouldn't be so easy. I complained about sleazy ads to myspace and they disappeared within an hour. But today they started creeping back in. I upped the ante with some bulletins, a blog entry and a change to the wording of my MySpace profile. Within minutes I was bombarded by obviously sleazy (photo, name, etc) friend requests and messages via MySpace. My inbox was packed 10 minutes after I presumed to complain about sleaze.

Will I quit MySpace? Ultimately I vote with my mouse clicks. So yeah, I will leave when I am ready. Meanwhile though, I intend to create as much misery as I can for those who use a social networking system by dangling women as bait and fleecing foolish men as their prey.

I quote one of my savvy nieces:

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."

So I think I will stomp on this particular brood of vipers for a while before leaving them behind.

I have no power on my own. But I know someone very powerful who despises injustice of all kinds. I'm asking them for help.

3 comments:

Coyets said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Coyets said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Coyets said...

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."

A wonderful quote. In fact, the threat has grown since Martin Luther King wrote this in his letter from Birmingham Jail on April 16 1963. For the full text see the following Internet page. It certainly makes interesting reading.


Martin Luther King's Letter from Birmingham Jail